Paired with bold Mediterranean flavours, this tender beef roast and mix of hearty vegetables is just as delicious as any cooked in the oven with the time-saving perk of the air fryer. Note: Cook times suggested are based on a counter-top family-size air fryer**; times will vary with different appliances so always check for doneness with a reliable digital instant-read thermometer and texture cues and adjust cook time as necessary.
MAKES 4 Servings - PREP TIME 15 min - COOK TIME 45 min - TOTAL TIME 1 hrs
2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon zest
2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
1 tsp (5 mL) sweet paprika
1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano leaves
¼ tsp (1 mL) salt2 tbsp (30 mL) canola or sunflower oil
Roast and Vegetables
1 lb (500 g) Beef Top Sirloin Oven Roast
1 zucchini (about 8 oz/250 g), halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise
16 mini potatoes, quartered
16 grape tomatoes
½ cup (125 mL) crumbled feta cheese
1. Baste: Combine olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, paprika, oregano and salt in a small bowl. Transfer 1 tbsp (15 mL) to another bowl for the beef; set remaining baste aside.
2. Roast: Pat beef dry with paper towel. Place on a plate and brush all over with reserved 1 tbsp (15 mL) baste.
3. Place beef in the air fryer basket. Set temperature to 400°F (200°C). Set time for 12 minutes and cook beef. After 12 minutes, reduce the temperature to 275°F (135°C). Set time for 18 minutes and continue to cook beef.
4. Vegetables: Meanwhile, toss zucchini and potatoes in a medium bowl with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of remaining baste.
5. When roast timer beeps, insert a digital instant-read thermometer into centre of the roast. The thermometer should read 130°F (54°C) for medium-rare doneness (or 145°F/63°C for medium, or 155°F/68°C for well-done). If desired temperature is not reached, cook longer, checking every 2 to 4 minutes or until desired doneness. Transfer roast to a cutting board, tent with foil and let rest for 15 minutes. The temperature should increase to 145°F (63°C) for medium-rare (or 160°F/71°C for medium, or 170°F/77°C for well-done).
6. Meanwhile, place zucchini and potatoes in the air fryer basket. Set temperature to 400°F (200°C) and set time for 12 minutes. Cook vegetables, shaking the basket halfway through. Add tomatoes to basket and cook for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Transfer vegetables to a platter.
7. Carve the roast beef across the grain into thin slices and place over the top of the vegetables. Drizzle everything with the remaining baste and garnish with feta cheese.
For the original recipe, click here.